Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This Poem

     Just do remember, words can seriously affect your heart.


This  Poem

This poem is dangerous; it should not be left
Within the reach of children, or even of adults
Who might swallow it whole, with possibly
Undesirable side effects. If you come across
An unattended, unidentified poem
In a public place, do not attempt to tackle it
Yourself. Send it (preferably in a sealed container)
To the nearest centre of learning, where it will be rendered
Harmless, by experts. Even the simplest poem
May destroy your immunity to human emotions.
All poems must carry a Government warning. Words
Can seriously affect your heart.

Elma Mitchell

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I don't even know what to think about that. It made me sad, but I'm not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See? Words can seriously affect your heart....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I were the poet...no, Elma is the poet. A wonderful friend sent me this poem. I can't stop thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. Love it, love it, love it. Especially the part about experts rendering poems "harmless." There is something sad and so true about that. Thanks for passing this along.

    ReplyDelete