Sunday, December 13, 2009

Screeching Brakes

It's what everybody says:  The months are just tripping by!  Where does the time go?  As always, I question my use of the precious days that I have.  So often, like most people, I find myself running through  the workdays while hanging on for the weekends.  And the weekends fly by in tornado of errands, chores, reading, and a little catching up with friends or maybe a movie or an outing with Michael.  And then back to work.  And I think that is why the months just fly past....
To slow things down, I have to slow down.  I have to be more aware and not operate on automatic pilot - so much easier said than done.  I operate on automatic pilot because it feels as if there is so much that MUST be done.  I can multi-task with the best of them and I can be so damn efficient and productive - but am I really seeing what I am doing? and how do you get everything done that has to be done if you don't multi-task?
How do you take things off the list?  Where would you start?

No comments:

Post a Comment