Wednesday, April 3, 2013
“What I believe is that all clear-minded people should remain two things throughout their lifetimes: Curious and teachable.”
― Roger Ebert
Ten things about which I am curious:
1) Money: How little do I actually need to live on satisfactorily?
2) Sketch artists: How, exactly, do people draw like that?
3) Italy: Is it really as warm, friendly, and beautiful as I imagine?
4) People in general: What are their individual stories?
5) Dreams: (night time ones) Can they really be speaking to me and, if so, how do I hear what they want to say to me?
6) Feelings: Can you really set them over there and observe them? Can you make a box around them, and let them rest without having to do something about them?
7) Night time visitor: There is a creature who visits the kitchen in the night. It leaves no scat and completely sidesteps the various mouse/rat/vermin traps we have set up. It can get itself up to the countertop and it nibbles bread and bananas (if the banana has an unpeeled portion). It doesn't seem to like stale bread. There are NO holes in the walls or baseboards and all windows and doors are sealed. It comes into the kitchen even when the dining room door is tightly shut. What is it and how does it know to avoid every imaginable type of trap?
8) Yellowstone in June: Will a road trip now be as adventurous and fun as it was back then?
9) My job: What changes are in store for the 2013/2014 school year and how will I ride them out?
10) Dave: I was once upon a time MARRIED to this man. I have not seen or heard from him since the late 1970's. I wonder how his life turned out? What did his story become?
About what are YOU curious?