My friend Jen over at Living a Full Life wrote a blog post about things she's never done. I hadn't really thought much about the things I haven't done and when she tagged me to play along, I decided that would be fun. I'm thinking it's going to inspire upcoming "things I have done" and "things I will do" posts too.
1) I have never been to Las Vegas. Ever. I live on the Left Coast and know plenty of people who routinely go over there but I am not one of them. I have driven through Reno a couple of times and once I think we actually got out of the car there. Not much appeals to me about either place.
2) I have never been to a professional football game. I went to a college game once (SJSU vs Stanford) because it was the thing to do. Probably went to three or maybe four football games in high school - again, the thing to do. Not really into crowds and watching things from afar. I went to a SF Giants game once at Candlestick. Stayed in the bar the whole time. Too miserably cold in the stands.
3) I have never eaten a Chicken McNugget. Whatever the hell that is. I had a MacDonald's hamburger once in high school. I had a Carl's Jr hamburger maybe a half dozen times in college. It was the dinner of choice for some guy I was dating. I was trying to make him like me. I don't like fast food. Period.
4) To my knowledge, I have never been on TV. Don't want to be either.
5) I have never been arrested. My behavior has not always been above the law but I was never caught. I have never gotten behind the wheel if I have been under the influence of anything. Not right. Could not live with myself were I to be the cause of a serious accident.
6) I have never worn a formal dress - like one of those prom dresses. I eschewed such things when I was in high school and, to my knowledge, those things were off the table in my college days at California public colleges. I've been married more times than I have been a bridesmaid. That sounds bad but really? Really I am only in my second marriage. I think I have only been a bridal person once and I wore a lovely street sort of dress of my own selection.
7) I have never been to a circus (unless you count my life as a circus). Not interested in going to one either.
8) I have never ridden in a speed boat. I've been sailing on the SF Bay (beautiful, I might add) but have never been interested in speed boats. Notice that I didn't say I am not interested in speed; only in speed boats. Too noisy. I like fast cars though.
9) I have never gotten a tattoo. I have no problem with anyone else getting one but I have yet to have something mean so much to me that I would want the image or words permanently etched into my skin. I do have five ear piercings, however. Nine if you count both ears...
10) Sadly, I have never been inside a synagogue, a Buddhist temple, or a mosque. I have spent far too many hours in Catholic churches. I have attended a handful of wedding or funeral services in some other Christian churches. But I have never been inside the houses of worship for many of the world's people.
Okay, so that was fun! Thanks, Jen, for the inspiration. I have a lot of heavy stuff on my mind right now so this light post was an especially nice birdwalk.