So I see these fun award posts in Bloggerland and have even been awarded a few along the way. The thing that gets me is that each award includes the exhortation to provide seven (or ten, or eleven or some random number) little know facts about yourself as you pass the award on to someone else. That stops me cold. I don't have those quirky interesting facts to pass along. Frankly, I think the word that might best describe my life right now is boring. So, just for fun, I am going to give you eleven boring things about me. Ready?
1. I don't have any quirky food things. I don't eat much crap - don't like it, doesn't make me feel good. I eat boring oatmeal with blueberries and/or strawberries for breakfast, generally salad for lunch, generally some kind of protein and some kind of veggie and some kind of salad for dinner. Seldom eat dessert - don't much like it, don't much like how it feels. Except the occasional homemade chocolate chip with walnuts cookies that Meg makes.....
2. I don't watch reality shows or cooking shows or animated shows or even sit coms on TV. Don't watch much TV at all (I warned you - BORING). Yes, I tivo and watch at my convenience Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and Modern Family. I will Netflix a series - currently The Good WIfe, previously Boston Legal (LOVE that one), Six Feet Under, quirky stuff like that - but that's about it for passive viewing.
3. And, yes, I like to move, to get out and walk or bike or do ECT - even lift weights or do Pilates or yoga -- weirdo
4. I avoid spending the night anywhere - I like my own bed and I fear bedbugs and whatever else might have gone on in that hotel bed the night before.... need I say more?
5. I play Words with Friends for entertainment. I seldom truly surf the web, though I will check in usually daily on Facebook, Blogger, Huffington Post, NPR, NY Times and will cruise the Amazon aisles on a regular basis.
6. I like to get up early in the morning. Every. Day. Weekends. Included. You will rarely find me awake past 10:30 and you will rarely find me still in bed after 5:30 am.
7. I am not a big shopper. I will deal with the Target type things every six weeks or so - and will go clothes shopping maybe three times a year. I do have to go clothes shopping with my 25 year old daughter. I count on her to dress me. And, I do LOVE boots! I get a new pair (at least one) every fall and I wear boots all fall and winter. I like boots with a heel but I like Uggs too. Oh, and I love skirts but not long ones - not short ones either (I know how old I am) but just above the knee length with tights in winter).
8. I am adventurous when it comes to hair color but not so much when it comes to hair style. I typically have fairly short hair and favor a style that is pretty much wash and wear. I do like to change it around from time to time (currently planning on letting this short summer cut grow back into a bob sort of thing - WTH - in a year or two, I will cut it short again - keep them guessing!).
9. I have been to Reno once (traveling through) and never to Vegas (though I live on the West Coast). Am not at all interested in gambling and the giant buffet type meals about which people exclaim. The last thing I want to do is sit on a perch, breathe yucky cigarette smoke, and put stupid coins into a machine or throw money on a table with a bunch of drunk people.
10. Although I enjoy at least one glass of California red wine pretty much every night, I haven't been drunk since I was in college. I never really got drunk much then either as I did not like how I felt when I had too much to drink. I have excellent self control. How boring. We won't talk about other forms of self medication.
11. My beverage of choice is just plain iced cold water. Boring. I carry a Camelbak sippy thingy around the house and in the car - whoo hoo. It can be so refreshing.
Okay, there you are. Boring enough for you?