Saturday, February 19, 2011

Skin Over Bone



To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best night and day to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop. ee cummings

       Before you can fight that battle, you have to know for whom you are fighting.  How do you separate yourself from everybody else?  How can you be certain that "yourself" has separated from everybody else?  And isn't later adulthood a bit late to be asking these questions?
      

I think I might have forgotten me.  
I moved on and left me behind? 
Or maybe I dropped me and
am refusing to deal with the pieces?  
I am trudging in some random direction.  
Navigating fear, or dodging its presence.
I don't see how I am going to come out all right,
whatever that might be 
and whomever I might be.
Choosing escape.
Choosing solitude.
Masks over masks over skin over bone over me

"We have plenty of time to fuck our lives up."
I hope this is true.  





No comments:

Post a Comment